Roma have reportedly made contract with Arsenal over potentially signing Nacho Monreal.
- Monreal has started 30/33 games for Arsenal this season
- Scored in FA Cup semi-final at Wembley
- Has two year left on his contract
- Roma’s sporting director sees him as a great addition to team
- Italians have made contract over move
Just days ago, TuttoMercatoWeb reported that Roma’s director of football, Monchi, had picked out Monreal as a player who would be a decent addition to the Serie A team.
Now, the same outlet claims that the Italian club has made contact over signing the 31-year-old left-back who, despite Arsenal’s poor season, has enjoyed a decent month.
Monreal scored in Arsenal’s 2-1 FA Cup semi-final win against Manchester City and then had a shot deflected in for their Premier League clash against Leicester at the Emirates just days later.
The Spaniard only has two years left on his current deal and while Roma could well be interested, he’s also been linked with a return to Malaga.
Athletic Bilbao and Villarreal are also said to be interested.