Arsenal centre-forward Olivier Giroud was a surprise omission from the Premier League’s Goal of the Season award nominees.
The 30-year-old striker scored a fantastic scorpion kick against Crystal Palace on New Year’s Day but because he didn’t actually win the monthly award, instead given to West Ham’s Andy Carroll for an acrobatic effort of his own, Giroud’s strike has not been selected as part of the ten-goal shortlist for supporters to vote for.
Here’s Giroud’s effort again for those who need reminding:
Below is the shortlist, with one goal chosen for each month of the league campaign from August through to May.
- Christian Stuani’s thunderbolt from range against Sunderland
- Jordan Henderson’s excellent strike v Chelsea
- Dimitri Payet’s breathless run and finish v Boro
- Pedro’s skilled curler against Tottenham
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s scorpion kick against Sunderland
- Andy Carroll’s acrobatic effort which flew past Palace
- Eden Hazard’s mazy dribble and finish beyond Arsenal
- Andros Townsend’s solo strike against West Brom
- Pedro’s screamer at Goodison Park
- Emre Can’s well-taken bicycle kick against Watford
You can watch the video with all of those strikes below