Former Real Madrid goalkeeper, Iker Casillas, seems set to sign for Liverpool on a free after West Ham and Arsenal turned him down.
- Casillas has won five La Liga titles, three Champions League’s, two European Championships and a World Cup
- Made 510 appearances for Real Madrid
- Goalkeeper has one year left on Porto deal
- Is said to have agreed to sign for Liverpool on a free, Liverpool deny
- West Ham and Arsenal turned him down
According to Spanish outlet AS, Casillas, who’s been at Porto since 2015 after playing for Real his entire career, has apparently agreed to join Jurgen Klopp’s side after his contract with Porto runs out in 2018.
Liverpool claim to have no intention of signing Casillas.
Despite being 36 years old, the former Spain number one has kept a whopping 19 clean sheets in 33 Liga NOS appearances this season, only shipping 16 goals.
While it does seem a little silly to turn down the chance to sign one of the former best goalkeepers in the world on a free, Arsenal have Petr Cech and most likely Wojciech Szczesny coming through the ranks. They can’t just lock them in a cupboard and hope they don’t go anywhere until Casillas is too old to even hold a ball.