Arsene Wenger denied that he has been in talks with PSG after reports claiming he had been in discussions with them for the past two weeks appeared recently.

  • Claims were made by journalist, Olivier Tallaron
  • UK media picked up rumour and spread it after the Daily Star ran it as an EXCLUSIVE
  • Wenger will most likely renew with Arsenal

“There is no contact with PSG,” Wenger told Sport SFR after Arsenal’s draw with Manchester City on Sunday. “I formally debunk [these rumours].”

https://twitter.com/SFR_Sport/status/848587159594565632

Speaking to Sky Sports before the game on Sunday, Wenger revealed that the reason he hasn’t made an announcement about his future is because he’s not in a position to do anything. His comments hint strongly at the board being much more involved than they care to have fans believe.

Ivan Gazidis met with fans groups ahead of the game and told them that the last six weeks have acted as a ‘catalyst for change’ at the club, but quite what that means, nobody knows.

Previous articleNicking a living? Mesut Ozil has more assists than anyone
Next articleIwobi: What I tried to do against Manchester City
Writer. Feminist. Dreamer. Gooner. Owner of DailyCannon.com, writing about Arsenal since 2008. Sometimes found in the Guardian, Vice.com & elsewhere talking queer issues, politics & football. If in doubt, assume sarcasm.