Despite only losing by 2-1, Arsenal’s performance against Manchester City was one of their worst of the season.

Arsenal got off to a perfect start, scoring through Theo Walcott in the fourth minute with a lovely Henry-esque finish after receiving a brilliant through-ball from none other than Alexis Sanchez. However, the opening exchanges were far from one-sided when, a minute later, Raheem Sterling went close at the other end.

Alex Iwobi, having been given a rare start, was keen to impress, tearing down the left-hand flank. Although, his eagerness meant he was a little sloppy. Meanwhile, Sterling continued to have a quite a bit of joy against our defensive line.

City kept the pressure on Arsenal’s back four without actually doing much. However, as soon as the Gunners got the ball, we managed to break at pace and in numbers, looking incredibly dangerous with Alexis, Mesut Ozil and Iwobi having a field day.

It continued to be end-to-end stuff, although, with a quarter of the game gone, Arsenal looked the more dangerous.

The home team did gently begin to apply pressure and it didn’t look likely to end 1-0 to Arsenal. However, they looked far from in control, which was demonstrated when Theo almost scored a second goal with his head.

Hector Bellerin also had a shot after some brilliant build-up play, showing just how vulnerable City were.

Concerningly, Alexis began to hobble after a challenge towards the end of the second half but he appeared to have run it off by the time the whistle went.

Unfortunately, City started the second half much the same as Arsenal began the first, bringing the score to 1-1 through Leroy Sane’s first goal for his new club. Although it looked offside, it was close; it could be argued that Laurent Koscielny’s back foot seemed to play Sane on.

After their equaliser, City seemed to wake up and realise that a game of football was indeed occurring before their very eyes. Catching Francis Coquelin out in possession and stopping us from even getting into their half.

Arsenal also decided they wanted to pass the ball around the edge of their own area sloppily, preventing us from keeping the ball for more than a millisecond.

After the first hour, City were firmly on the front foot, with Arsenal struggling to even get a sniff of the ball. We were getting absolutely dominated.

Petr Cech almost single-handedly kept Arsenal in the tie during the second half, using his long reach to keep the ball out of our net but you got the sense that a City goal was definitely coming.

Sure enough, City went 2-1 ahead with a goal from Raheem Sterling, who had been dangerous all match.

Olivier Giroud was brought on for Coquelin, followed by Mohamed Elneny for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, since it appeared that the England international, who had only just come on, had picked up an injury.

After bringing on Giroud, we did start to attack again but our attempts were wasteful and we looked as if we just couldn’t be bothered.

We then resorted to just kicking the City players for the remainder of the game.

2-1 to City. It was the worst I think I’ve seen Arsenal play all season.