Arsenal finally managed another win over Hull and this time it was moderately convincing.

Hull started very much the way a team full of confidence does. The Tigers got forward more than once during the opening exchanges and seemed eager to score quickly – they’d obviously seen our 1-1 draw against PSG mid-week.

Arsenal, on the other hand, were happy to allow Hull to have some possession as they began to find their rhythm and cause the hosts some problems. Coquelin was happy to have the ball, allowing our other midfielders a bit more freedom, which resulted in more fluid football.

The Gunners gently plugged away until Alexis scored in the 17th minute. The ball took a wicked deflection off the Chilean after Alex Iwobi had a shot. The youngster will be disappointed not to be awarded the goal but at least it put us 1-0 ahead and put Arsenal firmly in the driving seat.

Seconds later Alexis almost scored our second but a tackle from Robertson snuffed out the attack.

Arsenal continued to turn the screw, although Hull kept surging forward in a bid to catch out our defence.

As we approached the 30th minute, Iwobi had a chance to make it 2-0 – and get his name on the scoresheet this time – but his shot was saved and Mesut Ozil skied the rebound.

Towards the end of the first half, Hull managed to get in behind our defence more and more, sensing the weakness along our left flank. Thankfully, a combination of them not having their shooting boots on and Petr Cech being between the sticks prevented them from getting a goal back.

Arsenal had a penalty awarded for a handball in the box by Jake Livermore, who was given a straight red card. Alexis took it but had it saved by Jakupovic.

Not long after the second half kicked off, Theo Walcott played a nice one-two with Iwobi because he scored Arsenal’s second. Lovely play leading up to it.

Although Hernandez had an acrobatic go on goal soon after, he was offside. Other than this the game appeared to slow down, especially from an Arsenal perspective.

In the 78th minute, it all got a bit more nervy, however, after Cech brought down Mbokani and a penalty was rewarded. Snodgrass slotted it home.

Four minutes later, Alexis restored the two goal lead after a shot from Theo rebounded to the Chilean. Unlike his earlier penalty, he made no mistake thumping this into the roof of the net.

It wasn’t over though – new boy Granit Xhaka scored an absolute screamer in extra time.

Despite the 4-1 scoreline, the win still wasn’t the most convincing. One look at Twitter shows that fans are still a little nervous about where this starting XI is going. Hopefully, we continue to improve and string more positive results together.