There are now only six games remaining, seven if the Ladies qualify for the Conti Cup final and then the season will end before the move to the winter season for 2017/18.
Can the Ladies finish on a high with another trophy and keep their third place in the League?
Here are the remaining six games for the campaign:
- Sun 28 Aug Notts County A FA WSL
- Sun 4 Sep Man City A Conti Cup SF
- Sun 11 Sep Man City H FA WSL (live on BT Sport)
- 1/2 Oct Conti Cup final to be played at Man City
- Thu 6 Oct Doncaster A FA WSL
- Sun 30 Oct Doncaster H FA WSL
- Sun 06 Nov Liverpool A FA WSL
The League season has not been good enough so far and unless Chelsea collapse, there will be no Champions League again for the fourth consecutive season. The last time we qualified for the competition was under Laura Harvey back in 2012.
Winning the FA Women’s Cup was the highlight of the season and hopefully the girls can cause a massive upset and win at City on the fourth of September and retain the trophy a month later at the same place.
Hopefully, the end of the season will bring more success before a potential squad reshaping during the winter transfer window as there are improvements needed in certain positions and players to let go.