Despite a sloppy first half, Arsenal came back to win 3-0 against Swansea City and earn another three points.

As predicted, Swansea enjoyed lots of early possession but as the first half wore on, it became painfully clear that we just weren’t at the races.

Despite Monreal missing the target in the eighth minutes and Campbell narrowly looping the ball over the bar in the 16th, we created very little, were incredibly sloppy in possession and just looked generally lethargic.

We found it hard to string more than two or three passes together before a Swansea player intercepted and staged another attack.

At first, Cazorla was central to everything but after a while, we chose to completely miss out our entire midfield, attempting to play up the flanks and running into Swansea’s brick wall time and time again.

We had a let-off in the 21st minute after Mertesacker had a lapse in judgement and stepped in front of Gomis, allowing him to run through one-on-one with Cech. Fortunately, Bellerin was on hand to sprint up the pitch and, together with the goalkeeper making himself big, managed to put in a fair challenge on the big striker before he could pull the trigger.

Cech made another save minutes later from a decent Gomis header and in the 29th minute, Giroud missed our most clear cut chance of the game so far, receiving a peach of a ball in the box in acres of room and missing the target.

0-0 at half time definitely felt like a let-off.

The second half was an entirely different affair. We started brightly and within minutes, Giroud scored a superb header from a perfectly delivered Mesut Ozil corner after not being marked in the Swansea box – something completely unheard of for us.

A couple of brilliant saves from Cech a couple of minutes later kept the scoreline at 1-0 to the Arsenal.

After this, the whole feel of the game changed. Swansea continued to look reasonably sharp but the goal took the sting out of their tail.

Bellerin made a huge clearance in the 55th minute, causing him to clatter into the post and earning him the applause of the travelling Gooners.

A controversial 68th minute goal from Kos after Fabianski fluffed his save put us 2-0 ahead and then another stunning assist from Ozil allowed Campbell to make it 3-0 and put the game out of sight.

Even after this, we continued to counter at speed, with Alexis being instrumental to our attack as usual.

This victory was massive. Not just in terms of the scoreline but considering our terrible performance in the first half, most of us were just hoping for a draw come final whistle. To go in at half time, regroup and completely change our approach to the game to come back and win by such a margin is huge.

3-0 to the Arsenal.