Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski have been nominated for a German Football Ambassador award.
Taking up three of the 11 slots, Arsenal dominate the list which is comprised of nine men and two women who play their football abroad.
The award is designed to reward players and coaches who contribute positively to football and society in a foreign country and there are six criteria that nominees must meet:
- Reputation in the country of work
- Sporting success and long-term impact on football
- Involvement in culture and social structures around football
- Perceived connection with Germany
- Increase in contacts and exchange of information between Germany and the host country
- For coaches: the quality of work by bringing along young players
This will be the third time the award has been given out with Monika Staab (women’s national coach of Qatar), Andre Schürrle (Chelsea FC) and Rudi Gutendorf collecting the honour in 2014 at ceremony at the Foreign Office in Berlin in May.
You can vote for your favourite three here.