Arsene Wenger has revealed that new boy, Krystian Bielik, will not feature for Arsenal for at least three weeks.

The Pole, who was originally supposed to be arriving at the club with at three-year plan to get him into the first team, is lacking match fitness after a winter break back in his own country and Wenger believes that he will need at least three weeks to be ready for consideration for the first team squad.

Speaking to the media at his press conference, Wenger said

“Bielik will not be considered for another three weeks while he gains full fitness after arriving during what is currently the mid-season winter break in Poland.”

Wenger also spoke to Arsenal.com about his latest recruit and it seems he likes what he has seen from the midfielder already in training.

Wenger told Arsenal player

“I would say, considering his age, he’s more one for the future.

“But let’s be open minded and let [him] surprise us. The first signs that we see are very positive in training.

“Because they had the winter break in Poland, we are just at the starting point of building him up fitness-wise.

“He’s a young boy and he has a huge talent.”

Arsenal travel to Brighton on Sunday where they face a relatively stiff test as they look to defend the trophy they picked up in May.

Set to make a number of changes to the side that defeated City last week in the league, Wenger finally has some options.

Probably won’t last.

Previous articleArsenal Matchday Songs – She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Next articleArsenal try to raid Real Madrid, player doesn’t want to leave
Writer. Feminist. Dreamer. Gooner. Owner of DailyCannon.com, writing about Arsenal since 2008. Sometimes found in the Guardian, Vice.com & elsewhere talking queer issues, politics & football. If in doubt, assume sarcasm.