Arsenal staged a late comeback on Thursday night thanks largely to Nicolas Pepe, coming from behind to beat Vitoria 3-2 at the Emirates Stadium.
2Goalkeeper and Defence
- Emi Martinez 7 – His clean sheet record this season finally comes to an end. Marcus Edwards’ strike went through his legs, but it was from such close range you could hardly blame the goalkeeper. The second goal was a fantastic finish. Emi did make a few good saves, and actually completed 100% of his passes.
- Hector Bellerin 6 – No more than solid as he continues to get up to speed after injury. Looked a bit more impressive going forward after Pepe came on, which was when he created his only chance of the match.
- Shkodran Mustafi 7.5 – Won an incredible 11 aerial duels (the next highest Arsenal player was Bellerin on three), though he should’ve scored from one of them late on. Didn’t do much wrong for the goals, Mustafi is quietly performing well away from the Premier League.
- Rob Holding 6 – Turned too easily for an early Vitoria chance, though he grew into the game as it went on. For the most part, his passing was very good, but he never found his range with the long balls forward.
- Kieran Tierney 6.5 – Tierney’s crosses were a huge threat once again, and gave Arsenal their opening goal through an assist for Martinelli. He let the Vitoria winger get the wrong side of him for the opening goal though, and failed to recover the ball when he had the chance.
Click ‘Next’ for Midfield, Forwards and Substitutes