Arsenal are looking for a new psychologist to work with the women’s team as well as offering support to the men’s youth teams.
The ad was placed on Arsenal’s job site and called for someone “to work in the areas of Psychology & Personal Development, applying psychological principles within Arsenal FC’s women’s System, alongside all relevant stakeholders to positively influence the environment, its people, and its processes.
“The role within the Arsenal FC’s Youth/Male Academy would include more strategic psychological support and provision, likely through workshops and educational sessions, across a number of age groups, in keeping with the club’s strategy for Psychology and Personal Development and working alongside its existing Psychologists.”
Full job description:
- Work with the AWFC General Manager, AWFC First Team Manager and AFC Psychology team to contribute to a person centered environment, moreover, influence at a system, cultural, training, team and individual level.
- Work to promote the welfare and well-being of the person (player, coach and practitioner)
- Apply the principles of psychology and personal development to improving individual and team performance
- Provide individual psychological work with players and staff to address performance based challenges
- Work closely with coaches and technical staff to practically develop resilience and well-being within the training environment to lead to enhanced performance both on and off the field.
- Where appropriate identify and facilitate communication methods, to inform and educate players, coaches and technical staff in the effective use of psychological and personal development support
- To support, and help drive an agenda of personal development and contribute to a culture of learning within the football club environment
- Maintain a comprehensive record of work conducted with players, coaches and technical staff
- To engage in targeted self-development, communicate pro-actively and constructively, and make timely contributions to our Psychology and Personal Development team culture, to ensure a one club approach.
- To facilitate extra-ordinary learning experiences for our young (and existing professional) players to learn from, both within and outside the club, regardless of their sporting success. Always championing our club’s values.
- To facilitate a variety of personal development sessions throughout the season (where possible within the playing schedule)
The job is a consultancy agreement involving at least three-days-per week in addition to observing training and matches. They also state that it has the potential to become a full-time job, with the additional 1-2 days being spent with the youth teams at Hale End.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you can do so here. The closing date is 8 July, 2018.
Other positions Arsenal are looking to fill include:
- Arsenal Gap Year Volunteer Coach
- Premium Sales Executive (Fixed Term)
- Matchday NVQ Assessor (Casual Agreement)
- Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach Internship
- Academy Head Coach (Women’s)