Arsenal will wear their blue kit against AFC Bournemouth on Sunday and will hope to improve their terrible record wearing these colours this season.
As Bournemouth’s home kit is a mixture of red and black, Arsenal can’t wear their own home kit (red), nor their third kit (black).
As a result, Arsenal.com revealed they’ll be wearing the blue away kit they haven’t won in since September.
In fact, they haven’t won in it at all in the Premier League.
Here are Arsenal’s results wearing the blue kit so far this campaign (competitive matches only):
- Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal – Sunday August 27th.
- BATE Borisov 2-4 Arsenal – Thursday September 28th.
- Watford 2-1 Arsenal – Saturday October 14th.
- FC Köln 1-0 Arsenal – Thursday November 23rd.
- Southampton 1-1 Arsenal – Sunday December 10th.
- Nottingham Forest 4-2 Arsenal – Sunday January 7th.
That’s an overall record of one win, one draw and four defeats.
Considering the only win came against BATE Borisov, that’s an appalling set of results. Half of Arsenal’s goals in blue also came in that one match in Belarus.
That’s not to say Arsenal have been particularly good away from home in any kit. They’ve won four games away in the black kit, and none in red, despite playing a few.
Hopefully the Gunners can increase their away win percentage with their first league win in the blue away kit on Sunday.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 Daily Cannon