Another Arsenal match; another borefest.

It seems that Arsenal are now completely incapable of breaking down even Europa League teams.

Arsenal’s 0-0 draw against Red Star Belgrade on Thursday night could have the one away in Serbia. Or the Gunners’ Carabao Cup clash against Norwich last week. Or any number of other games we’ve played this season.

Basically, it was boring as hell, we created little and didn’t play very good football.

Gooners’ first heart-vomit of the game came when reserve goalkeeper Matt Macey, who was given the nod ahead of first choice Petr Cech, almost conceded within five minutes.

Although Arsenal were getting forward with Theo Walcott taking control of the game, as you’d expect, Red Star were getting in behind our three-man defence far too easily.

The second heart-vomit came in the 10th minute when Olivier Giroud went down clutching his hamstring. However, he almost scored as soon as he got up, so that was short-lived.

Fortunately, the 10 Arsenal fans at the Emirates were in fine voice. Sort of.

Just like when the Gunners traveled to Serbia, they found it hard to break Red Star down. Although that just seems to be the norm for Arsenal now.

When Arsenal did get the ball into Red Star’s box, they were wasteful or just sloppy, with Olivier Giroud getting increasingly isolated and Francis Coquelin – as usual – being frustrating.

After 35 minutes, Arsenal had 63.9% of the possession and had taken four corners but only had one shot on target.

Despite a shaky start, Matt Macey made a couple of really good saves to deny the visitors, who were definitely beginning to knock on the door, including tipping a shot from Savic onto the bar.

In the 45th minute, Coq fell over, Arsenal’s defence got caught too far up the pitch and Red Star broke. Luckily, Chelsea target Richmond Boakye sent the ball sailing over the bar.

At half-time, the score was still 0-0, Arsenal had 64.1% possession, had completed 85% of their passes, although it felt like a lot less, and had two shots on target.

The second half started a lot stronger and gave the fans something to get behind. Giroud got a shot in early and continued to get into threatening positions as long as Arsenal were delivering the ball into the box.

There was a fleeting second when it looked as if Savic had handled the ball in Arsenal’s area but it was more ball-to-hand than anything and the penalty wasn’t given.

The best chance of the game fell to Jack Wilshere, who had his shot cleared brilliantly at close range.

A change, however, was needed and after his brace in the League Cup last week, the Emirates crowd were keen for the boss to bring on Eddie Nketiah. Joe Willock was taken off.

After a decent opening 10 minutes of the second half, Arsenal fell asleep again and allowed Red Star to come back into the game again. Wilshere was showing fight and, as is typical, trying to force the game by himself.

However, very little appeared to be happening. Although Eddie went close, he was offside.

0-0 and that’s all that Arsenal deserve from the tie.

The Gunners are through to the final round of 32 with two games left to play.