Thomas Lemar has been speaking about his title-winning season with Monaco and set his target for this year.

Lemar, who’s been heavily linked with Arsenal this summer, has targeted the Ligue 1 title again following Monaco’s successful 2016/17 season.

The 21-year-old has described the French side as like a ‘family’ and certainly doesn’t sound as if he’s desperate to leave.

“We had an extraordinary season, with teammates who became friends,” Lemar told So Foot [via Le10Sport].

“We were forming a family and it took us all the season. Be it the young people, the elders, the more experienced guys, the objective was never to take the lead and move forward together. As the games progressed, we became ambitious. It paid off at the end. 

“Certainly it will mark us for life but we are already in a new season, it’s up to us to do as well.”

Arsenal reportedly had two bids of £30m and £40m for Lemar rejected by Monaco earlier in the summer and while they apparently made another offer of £45m, the young forward’s club are said to be demanding £50m.

(L to R) Monaco’s French forward Kylian Mbappe Lottin, Monaco’s French midfielder Thomas Lemar, Monaco’s Colombian forward Radamel Falcao and Monaco’s Brazilian defender Jemerson play with a ball during a training session in La Turbie near Monaco, on July 10, 2017. (VALERY HACHE/AFP/Getty Images)

While Arsene Wenger is said to still be interested in the France international, it’s look unlikely that the Gunners will get their man. At least no this summer.

Lemar, who scored 14 and assisted 17 last term, was reportedly keen for a move to north London in order to work under Le Professeur, but his comments don’t sound as if he’s trying to push his way out of the club.

The winger’s only 21 and there’s plenty of time to see how he develops.

There’s two weeks left of the transfer window and Wenger has previously mentioned that the action tends to hot up towards the end, so perhaps there’s still a chance Arsenal will sign him. But it’s not looking likely.