Riyad Mahrez is reportedly holding out for an offer from Arsenal or Barcelona this summer despite Roma allegedly readying a bid to sign him from Leicester City.
- Why Mahrez is worth every penny Leicester are demanding
- Leicester reject Roma bid for Mahrez
- Riyad Mahrez deal could be off as Arsenal target Lemar
- Mahrez not interested in Roma
- Winger holding out for Arsenal or Barcelona move
However, links with the Catalans have gone quiet in recent weeks and the Gunners appear to have dropped interest after the Foxes allegedly raised the 26-year-old’s asking price from £30m to £50m overnight.
Roma are the latest team linked with a move for the winger but Mahrez is supposedly willing to wait and see what happens with Arsenal or Barca.
He might be waiting a long time.
After a brilliant title-winning season with Leicester in 2015/16, Mahrez’s form dropped along with the rest of the Foxes’ team. Therefore, while clubs might have been willing to cough up £50m a year ago, it’s doubtful that they will now, especially when Arsenal can get Monaco’s Thomas Lemar for the same amount.