Arsenal have told Barcelona where to go when it comes to signing Hector Bellerin.
- Barcelona waiting for Bellerin to hand in transfer request to Arsenal
- Wenger to meet with Alexis Sánchez and Hector Bellerín over their futures
- Barcelona to travel to London for Bellerin
- Arsenal tell Barca Bellerin isn’t for sale
- Manager informs right-back he’s going nowhere
Barcelona’s first approach for Bellerin hasn’t gone well and Arsenal have reportedly told the Catalan giants’ president, Josep María Bartomeu, who was set to oversee negotiations, that the right-back is not for sale.
The Spanish outlet AS also say that Bellerin will continue to push for a move but considering the Spain u21 international’s attitude, this doesn’t seem likely.
According to the Mirror, Wenger has allegedly informed the 22-year-old that he’s staying at Arsenal, there’s no transfer to Barca happening, and that’s that.
The Gunners were initially said to be demanding £44m for Bellerin, which the increased to £50m, which the La Liga club were reluctant to pay. However, Arsenal are now playing hard ball and just refusing the sell him this summer.
The defender only signed a new six-year deal at the end of 2016, so this is hardly surprising.
That’s right Barca, hands off!