Alexandre Lacazette seems to be on the verge of an Arsenal move, so today we’re looking at his goalscoring record compared to previous Arsène Wenger strikers.
The Lyon striker has scored 129 goals in 275 games for the French club where he has spent his entire career so far. Let’s see how this ranks against the top scorers of Arsène’s 21 year Arsenal tenure.
5Thierry Henry – 228 goals
4Robin van Persie – 132 goals
3Dennis Bergkamp – 104 goals
1Finally, let’s look at the goals-per-game of each player:
- Thierry Henry – 228 goals, 258 appearances, 0.88 per game.
- Robin van Persie – 132 goals, 194 appearances, 0.68 per game.
- Alexandre Lacazette – 129 goals, 275 appearances, 0.47 per game.
- Theo Walcott – 104 goals, 377 appearances, 0.28 per game.
- Dennis Bergkamp – 104 goals, 382 appearances, 0.27 per game.
It’s worth noting that over the last three seasons Lacazette’s goals-per-game is up to 0.71, so hopefully he can keep this up if he does join the Gunners this summer!