Manchester United have admitted defeat in their pursuit of Real Madrid forward, Alvaro Morata, and now Arsenal are lining him up to replace Alexis Sanchez.
- Manchester United had £60m Morata bid rejected by Real Madrid
- Chelsea keen on Morata after missing out on Lukaku to United
- Real demanding £80m for 24-year-old
- Wenger wants Morato to replace Alexis
- Morata scored 15 goals in 26 La Liga appearances last season and assisted five
Arsene Wenger sees Morata as the perfect replacement for Alexis since it looks as if the Chilean will be leaving either this summer or next, claim Don Balon.
The boss also apparently believes that the 24-year-old will slot in nicely alongside new striker, Alexandre Lacazette.
United were in hot pursuit of Morata until recently when they opted to sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton instead since the Belgium international was said to have preferred them over a return to Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea, however, are also interested in the Spaniard after missing out on Lukaku themselves and have the funds available to sign him, since Real are apparently asking for £80m.
If Arsenal did sell Alexis to Manchester City, they would have the money available. However, the chances of them doing that don’t seem high.