The Ladies will be back after the mid-season break looking to chase City and Chelsea and gatecrash the top two in order to qualify for the Champions League 2017/18.
Here are all the fixtures for the second part of the season. The Ladies will take part in the FA WSL Conti Cup as well as the League. The Cup has a straight knock-out format coming back to its original form.
- Sun 26 June: Sunderland (H)
- Wed 29 June: Birmingham (A)
- Sat 2 or Sun 3 July: Reading (A) Conti Cup
- Sun 10 July: Notts County (H)
- Sun 17 July: Chelsea (A)
- Sat 23 July: Sunderland (A)
- Sun 31 July: Liverpool (H)
- Sat 6 or Sun 7: QF Conti Cup
- Sun 28: Notts County (A)
- Sat 3 or Sun 4: SF Conti Cup
- Sun 11 Sep: Man City (H)
- Sat 1 or Sun 2: F Conti Cup
- Sun 30 Oct: Doncaster (H)
- 6 November: Liverpool (A)
- tbc: Doncaster (A)
As you can see, the fixtures list is an absolute mess. Should the team be beaten at Reading in the Conti Cup first round, they would have one game per month to play from August to November.
This is pending the rescheduling of the Donnie Belles away game that was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
In terms of the table, Arsenal Ladies are currently in fifth place trailing Manchester City by 12 points with two games in hand and trailing Chelsea Ladies by eight points and a game in hand.
There is no doubt that the Ladies need to win the remaining 11 league games to be with an outside chance of winning the title and with a chance to finish runners-up and qualify for the Champions League.
They also need the top two teams to start dropping points like City did at Liverpool with a 0-0 draw.