Arsene Wenger was handed a lifetime achievement award at the London Football Awards on Thursday night.
The Arsenal manager received the award for his outstanding contribution to a London football club,
The awards took place at Battersea Evolution in Battersea Park and were organised by Willow, Bob Wilson’s charity.
Tables at the event were costly with a VIP package, that included a drinks-reception with legends and a ten-person table cost £5,000 while a standard ticket was £185.
Alexis Sanchez was nominated in the London Player of the Year category but lost out to Chelsea’s eden Hazard while Carl Jenkinson was the other player nominated in the category of London Young Player of the Year.
In the women’s category two of the three nominations were for Arsenal players (Jordan Nobbs and Kelly Smith MBE) but the award went to Chelsea’s Ji So-Yun.
The full awards
- Manager of the Year – Mark Warburton, Brentford
- Goalkeeper of the Year – Thibaut Courtois, Chelsea
- Outstanding Contribution to a London club – Arsene Wenger, Arsenal
- Women’s Player of the Year – Ji So-Yun, Chelsea
- Young Footballer of the Year – Harry Kane, Tottenham
- Community Project of the Year – Leyton Orient, Coping Through Football
- Footballer of the Year – Eden Hazard, Chelsea